Friday, January 8, 2010

What lengths we will go to for cravings...

So... on the last day of my Christmas break (which is sadly wayyy over) I woke up super late... like really late. *Hangs head in shame* Either way, about 50% of the mornings I wake get up, I will be really craving some OJ. (For those of you who don't use abbreviations all that much, OJ is short for Orange Juice... OJ just sounds so much cooler) Well that particular morning, the craving was really gettin' to me. I just HAD to have it. Ya know how that feeling is? Terrible... So, after a very short mental battle, and returning to the fridge repeatedly hoping some OJ would just materliaze out of thin air, I gave in. I took my lazy person and threw it to the wayside for a bit, and I decided to make some OJ. Yup... I said MAKE. Heaven forbid! Well at first, I thought it would be this huge ordeal that would take forever, and it wouldn't be worth it, etc. etc... whatever excuse my mind could think of to not do it. But I ended up doing it anyway.


Well... first step is complete. Find some oranges and slice 'em in half. This took about an amazing two minutes.

Second step: Find the orange, de-juicing, twisty, white thing... This took roughly another 2 to 3 minutes. Found it hiding in a cupboard...

De-juicing those yummy looking oranges took 5 minutes tops... and I only did two of them. My craving was reeaaally getting to me at this point... it's almost here though!

Yay!! The amazing product of my work resulted in this amazing 7 oz. of some really good OJ. Oh it was so good! Definitely the best 7 oz. of liquid I have had in quite some time!! :) My silly craving was satisfied almost instantly after drinking that good 'ol OJ :)

7 comments:

Abigail Kraft said...

lol. You crack me up. Jared often gets random cravings for OJ (we call it that over here too). I must admit, I don't really drink OJ unless it has a tablespoon of Green Magma inside (a mix of barley grass and a couple of other things which I can't think of). Although, nowadays I've gotten so used to the taste that I just take it in water. :P

That looks delicious though...I really want it now! haha.

Have a great weekend!
--Abigail

Linda said...

I think I'm craving OJ now too! (:>) (:>) (:>) (:>) (:>) (:>)(:>)

Ben McCarthy said...

Okay, so I'm pretty sure Green Magma would definitely ruin the OJ. Ha just saying. OJ should be respected for his taste and color. Mixing Green Magma would distort the taste and color both. *tisk tisk*

Unknown said...

Actually Ben, OJ and Green Magma taste pretty much like OJ! Seriously, you should try it. :)

You crack me up. Your future wife will appreciate that you know how to freshly squeeze orange juice. In fact, someday - make her a full breakfast and add that to it - she'll love you for it. HA!

By the way - that picture of the orange juice with the little light from the camera is really quite pretty.

Ben McCarthy said...

haha Thanks Mrs. Kraft. Trying to predict my future eh? Ha, well I would probably have to agree with ya on that. The breakfast thing comes atleast once or twice with most marriages. lol
Thanks about the picture. I really wish I had a camera like you guys, but oh well. I don't normally ike the pictures I get, but that's because I generally use a cell phone :p

Lexi said...

oh my goodness I totally laughed out loud! haha I am a food lover..so I have cravings, a lot. And when you get 'em...you gotta have 'em!

haha good for you for making your own OJ. btw, i have to agree.. OJ IS much cooler sounding! =D

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Blessings,
Lexi

Kari said...

Very good!!! Thanks for cluing me in on the OJ thing ;o)

I like my juicer when I feel the need for some yummy, healthy juice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails